Saturday, August 16, 2008

Meet Your Teacher

Last night was meet your teacher at school. I have three kids in the same elementary school this year with one more to add next year. I think that I mention before that I am on the board of the PTA this year. That meant total involvement of last night's festivities. I was in charge of pizza and drinks and I also had a table set up for "Family Fun Nights" (this is my actual position). We went through 480 slices of pizza, 27 cases of soda, and a countless number of water bottles. WOW! What an evening.

I am looking forward to a great year! I realized at a Xocai tasting last week, that my fatigue had really taken over my life. It had actually just become a 'fact' of life. My kids didn't know any different. It had pretty much always been a part of their lives. I can remember them asking me to come out and swing them. I would try. I would go out, maybe push them four or five times, and then have to go back in...out of breath. My children have actually said, "mommy doesn't play". They never meant anything nasty by it. It was just a fact. For all I know, they thought that ALL mommies don't play. Just like all mommies don't work outside the home. You know how that is when kids are young...their world is their reality.

At the tasting, the hostess stated that Xocai had changed my life. After she said that, everything that I had been missing because of my fatigue came flooding in on me. That was when I realized just how blessed I was to have found Xocai and to finally have the energy to do the things that I wanted to do... the things that I needed to do for my my children. I am looking forward to getting back to life.

No comments: